Learn how to wire a polarity adapter for the FC7 expression pedal.
The Yamaha FC7 is the world’s most popular expression pedal. While it works perfectly out of the box with Yamaha keyboards, the FC7’s polarity must be reversed if you want to use it with a Roland or Kurzweil keyboard.
Here’s how you can create a DIY polarity adapter for less than $10.
Things You’ll Need
- Yamaha FC7 Expression Pedal
- Hosa YPP-117 1/4 inch TRS to Dual 1/4″ TSF Stereo Breakout Cable
- Hosa YPP-136 1/4 inch TRSF to Dual 1/4″ Stereo Breakout Cable
What To Do
- Connect the YPP-117 and YPP-136 breakout cables together — orange to black, and black to orange (not black to black/orange to orange).
- Plug the FC7 expression pedal into YPP-136 breakout cable.
- Plug the YPP-117 breakout cable into the expression pedal port on your Roland or Kurzweil keyboard.